Sunday, February 1, 2009

My first long run since becoming a Maniac

I am proud to say I am back. I still lack the energizer bunny status but at least I got out there today. I have been plagued with this nasty cold and sinus problems that have kept me indoors.

Amy told me the other day that she and some friends were going out for an easy 7 miles today and I thought it would be easy. WRONG!!! It was rough. I am still having a mucus factory going on in my lungs that is working overtime. My body has to get back in the running mode. I was trying to keep up but I know I was slowing everyone down and for that I am truly sorry.

We ran through part of downtown and on the river walk and it was great to get back out. I have to get ready for the Snickers marathon on March 7th. I am probably going to run a 2/1 ratio that day cause my body is just not up to running without breaks. I am a 6'3" 260 pounder marathoner. I am not a typical little person and it takes more energy to push the gravity away from the earth for me to run. I am trying to loose so more weight before.

Until then, see ya on the road.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

You can always run with me and Kenny. We are a bit slower ;)

Amy said...

You weren't slowing any of us down! I thought it was a good mix of speeds for everyone to have someone to hang with, but still be close enough together. The breaks were nice and I thought you did awesome considering for most of the time we were running between a 10:30 and 10:45 and you weren't taking scheduled walk breaks!

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are hitting the pavement again, slacker. :)

In case you are having the itch...Dances with Dirt this coming weekend. Marathon cost $39. Cheap hotel the night before $58 (Rainbow Fountain Motel (352) 567-3427 ) . If you want to carpool the gas will probably only cost $10. Drop me an email if you want to go. Melissa and I will be driving down the evening before.
-Deborah