Thursday, February 12, 2009

2 workouts in 1 night

Today I got off work early so I was able to go to the central city park track and run with Amy. I did not know that it was going to be a death trap. We took off for a nice pace at about an 11 min mile. We finished up with the first mile and came around to see Monika and Leora waiting for us. Amy then told me that we are now going for a 20 min run at an 8:48 pace or some Godly insane number in the 8 range. I looked at her and said WHAT!! I did not sign up for this. So like usual I took off with the group. Peer pressure sucks! I was able to go for about a 1/4 mile at that pace before I found a short cut and waited while I was sucking wind. I got in about 2 miles before calling it a night.

I left from there and went to go run with Stef. We left from Wesleyan College, where there is nothing but women :o), and went for a 2/1 pace. We had a great time until the HILL from Hell. We had fun running down it and making jokes about that sure would be hard to run back. I hope we find another way out of here. Well, it was a subdivision with a dead end. Oh know, we had to turn around a go up hill, walking. Man that was rough. We quickly got of there and went back on some surface streets to finish our night.

Stef was so nice to let me put some flowers that I had gotten for wife into her room so that they would not get to hot. Kenny, you should have seen some of the looks from the other girls. I am sure you will probably get a phone call. LOL Anyway thank you Stef for letting me keep them cool. She loved them.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

No problems. As usual it was great to run with you. It sure beats talking to yourself while you run LOL

Amy said...

Sorry about that! The pace was supposed to be 8:56, but we ended up at an 8:36 overall...I'll give you better warning next time :)

Jase said...

Yeah Tim, the girl that I bought all that stuff from said the same thing. Sling 'em for a dollar and make 30 cents profit off each one...lol. hey do you have a way to respond to you? an email addy or something?