Monday, February 16, 2009

Eating right = more energy = faster times

Need I say any more

Tonight when I got off from work, I met Amy and Deanna downtown for a 4 mile run. I asked Amy what kind of speed she was looking at and she quickly replied slow about an 11 min pace. I told her that I hope I could keep up with them.

I started a new program this weekend which is weight watchers. I have seen lately how well it has worked for Kenny and Stef and well, I am jealous with envy. So I decided to start and see how it pays off. WOW. It really does give you more energy when you eat properly. It is like running an engine on high test gasoline with an octane booster.

As we ran tonight, I kept thinking that I was getting ready for a break. Well after a few seconds when I started thinking this way, it would pass. It was weird. I was not getting tired. I felt great! My watch did not start correctly when we started running so I had to run an extra 1/4 mile to get an even 4 miles on the computer. This is the summary.



Mile 1- 11:18

Mile 2- 10:58

Mile 3- 10:36

Mile 4- 9:56

I have this on my watch and computer for verification. :o) I could not believe this. Maybe this summer I will work on some faster and more consistent times but for right now, I am happy where I am.

See ya at the track tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Hey Tim! I sooooo agree with how much what you fuel your body with effects your running performance. When I eat right, I feel lighter and have much more energy. The junk bogs me down and I end up with no desire to run. WW is a good program for sure, keep it up and you'll be happy with the results.

Amy said...

Glad you had a good time! Maybe we'll repeat that this evening?