Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekend review

This weekend I had a chance to run with someone new, Kenny, who is a photographer turned runner. He recently took up running so that he could run with his wife Stef. He is really getting into the sport. He told me about his recent purchases of all his cold weather clothes, shoes and extras. I had to remind him that now the only thing to pay for is the races.

We went out for a run not knowing how far we would go. We took off through the River walk and ran some through downtown Macon passing by some of the local eating stops. Before the day was over, we finished up with about 7 miles. Kenny used a 1 1.5/3 method of Galloway styles. He had a fast pace with about a n 8:30-9:15 while we were running. It was almost the dame pace I kept at the Aviation marathon at a 1/1 pace. I told him that he would have to play around with the ratio and speed to find a comfortable pace. I am still playing around the find the right pace that will work for me. I have recently tried to get back into running without any breaks and it is like starting all over again.

I hope to get some runs in this week with a long run this weekend to get ready for Snickers on March 7th. I need to start looking for Motels to stay at also. I don't want this to sneak up on me without any warning.

Well with the warm weather we are having, lets go outside any run and sweat.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

It sounds like yall had fun!!!

Cindy said...

Snickers, like the candy bar?
Congrats on becoming a maniac!
(that must sound like an insult to non-runners :)

Unknown said...

Cindy, yes it is like the candy bar. The race is in Albany Ga where the Snickers are made. You should do this race. It is fun.