Sunday, February 22, 2009

Finally.......

Yes I finally went running again. I thought I was going to loose my mind if I didn't go and pound the pavement. Today I went out with the intentions of getting about 15. Instead I settled for 14 with great company with my friends: Kenny, Stefanie, Mellisa, Mellisa, Brian and Amy.

I started out with Kenny and Stef for about 7.5. I took them through the Indian Mounds and I think Kenny is still flipping me off for those hills. Sorry. It is so peaceful to not have to worry about cars while you run. After we got through they kept me company until the next group took off.

I met up with the rest of the gang on the river walk and took them for a quick tour of the Mounds also. I tried to keep up but after just getting through running the hills, Mellisa and I found the short cuts o:) and would then wait for them.

I found out alot of things about people today. I think that is the best part of running with friends and family. You get a chance to get caught up on everything and learn so new gossip. I got through with my runs today and got about 14 miles in today. That is more than I really thought I would do today.

A very big Thank You to all who ran with me today in order to help me get ready for Snickers. Have a great week and see ya on the paths.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

In the words of Kenny...

"Don't worry Tim, I am not flicking you off any more. Just be warned, your ears might be burning in the morning when I wake up in pain!"

Amy said...

Thanks for being our tour guide Tim! How nice it is to get to change up that dreaded long run route!!!!