Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wanting to just go run

This week really sucked for me. Everyday I tried to get off from work and go run, it didn't happen. I had to work late every day this week. This sucked because it has really thrown a monkey wrench in my planning for the upcoming Snickers marathon that is now just 2 weeks away. From looking back after getting my Marathon Maniac status, I know that I can physically finish the race and feel good but as for me that is just not enough. I want to finish strong and possibly PR.

I got a chance yesterday to watch and take pictures at our annual Al-Tol 5/15K road race. The race finishes on a large downhill stretch so I decided to lay off this race cause of possible injuries coming down too fast. Also I wanted to put some money back for my marathon trip. It was nice watching everyone coming across and getting new PR's. I just hope I got some great pictures to share with them.

After the race was over with, I got a chance to talk with Deb ( MM # 710 ) about the Snickers race. I told her I was going to try and shoot for a PR and was curious if she thought she might be up for the challenge. This is going to probably be my last race for a couple of months due to wife having back surgery so I am going to lay it on the line. Like Rocky said "Go for it".

A special thanks to Kenny and Stefanie this week for introducing me to Weight Watchers. I was not sure how it was going to work out but it has been easier than I thought. I have not been following it 100% but it has been close. I have found that if I have a little more in the morning, I just need to cut back on the other meals. So far as of this morning celebrating 1 week on the WW, which is so funny that WW is upside down from MM, I have now lost 8 pounds. I am only 7 pounds away from my lowest goal in 3 years since I lost alot of weight and started running. I keep reminding myself that a pound = 1 sec off of your min/mile pace. Now I am off 16 sec/mile from where I was 2 weeks ago.

2 weeks to go to Snickers and alot riding on the shoulders now. Mentally and physically I have alot of questions and now I am starting to have those thoughts run through my mind. I might have taken a break this week on the post but look out. I am on a writing binge now.

Have a great week, I HAVE TO GO RUN.........

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

I cant wait to see all of those picture from yesterdays race. Let Kenny and i know if you need some running company today. We are heading into town for some lunch and a few errands.

Amy said...

You will do fine in Snickers! If you want to get a slow, easy 9 in meet us at the Riverwalk at 2pm! Slow and easy will be from 11-12 min pace...gotta rest those legs from yesterday!

Kat said...

Hey Tim. It was nice of you to show up to the race only to take pictures of everyone else running! Although I think I look like a super goober in my pic! Hahaha, that's not your fault though : )