Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sometimes you just have to get back to the basics

It is so nice to just get out and run. It is even better to run with friends. Monday night I got a chance to go run with one of my running buddies Amy and we went for an easy 3 miler. She had already gotten in a few before me so that way she would be tired and I could possibly keep up. When ran like there was no care in the world.

Amy is training with her coach and she has a set heart rate that she must hold while running. I have a set HR and mine is just not to explode. It was fun running and hearing her monitor saying that we were actually running too fast. Her watch would beep about every 45 secs and we would take a quick break. I don't think I ever looked at mine cause I was having fun listening to hers.

I felt great just running and not wondering how far nor how fast to run. I am getting ready for the Snickers marathon in 3 weeks and I finally decided to run old school style. GO OUT AND HAVE FUN!!!!!!

I will be running either a 1/1 or a 2/1 but no matter what, I will be running what I am good at and that is long distance. I am not a fast person and nor will I be any time soon. I will be working with a coach again this summer but not right now. I am finally figures out that no one is created the same and I am a long distance chugging machine :o) I might not be on the steps collecting any trophies but I will have lots of lasting memories of my races and runs with Friends.


Until later, everyone stay healthy and enjoy life for what it is worth while we are here.

No comments: