Monday, February 23, 2009

What to do?????

Here it is only 2 weeks to go before my last run for a while and I have a small question. What to do. Lately I have been running a ratio of 2/1 in training for Snickers. I trained at a 3/1 for Disney. I did not finish good that day I think due to the HOT weather. I don't know whether to try the 3/1 and run a tad bit slower or run a faster 2/1 and try for a PR.

I hope my answer will come soon. I am tired of things just not going right. I can't seem to find the right pace nor the right speed to hold on to the long runs. I think I just have alot on my plate right now. Mandie is having her back surgery next month and I will then be taking a break.

Tomorrow night I am going to go to the track workout and once again try the 3/1 and see if I run it comfortably what the overall time comes out to. I need to break an 11.45 pace for a new PR and an 11.26 pace for a sub 5. I would love to do this and then take a break and come back and train hard for Chickamauga on Nov before doing another 50K at Bartram Forrest.

So if you have some spare time, keep me in your prayers before I run out of medicine. If only the answer would just knock on the door, come through an e-mail or writing in the sky. No I am not worried just nervous about the race. Everyone says "you will do fine". I hope when I get down there I can find some pace groups.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I've heard that using those pace groups is awesome! Maybe email your buddy Jeff Galloway and see if he knows of any (or maybe you could just run with him!)

You know I'll keep you in my prayers (and keep telling you that you'll do great!)

Stefanie said...

Here is my take on it. Granted I am not a world class runner but this is what would help me the most.

I say run the 2/1. Sure it might not give you the instant gratification like the 3/1 in the first few miles but ultimately in the end, it will help greatly in the last miles. I would need more recovery early on in order to stay strong until the end. I would think it would enable you to run strong on your intervals nad have a much faster walk pace while conserving necessary energy for the last 6 miles.

Definitely hook up with a pace group if possible. It looks like there is going to be a 5 hour group at Snickers. (According to their website)

When in doubt call kenny and I during a walk break. I am good at giving 1 minute peptalks!