Friday, July 24, 2009

Well here we go......

I think I have finally gone CRAZY!!!!!!!!

I for some reason have decided to try and train for a Sprint TRI.

YES, I SAID IT

I went today and bought some Nike eye goggles that are a little larger than the normal goggles. I googled and some people said they help give you more visibility than the normal ones. I am going to go to the pool next week and see how I like it before I make any final decisions. I am very nervous about this. It is kinda of funny cause I was not this nervous running my first marathon. I am treading into new waters.

I have an instructional video on the proper way to swim and I was doing it the wrong way the whole time. I just want to be able to swim the 1/4 mile and not drown. I can swim enough to get by but I want to be able to exit the water relaxed enough to keep going and have fun with it.

Any help or pointers would be very helpful. I am willing to take any help to get me through this. I only have about 5 weeks to get ready. If not I will probably have to wait until next year to give it a try.

Tomorrow night I will be at the Make It By Midnight Half-marathon. It is a race that is through a HILLY neighborhood. Last year was the first year for the race and I hope to CRUSH my time from last year. I thought about doing the full but I am just going to try and beat my PR on the half. Then I am planning on running about 6 miles Sunday morning and then going for a 37 mile bike ride.

More later as I try and come back to the computer.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Go Tim Go!!!

Let me know how the swimming goes. And hey if you get a minute, forward those videos to me! I could always stand to learn a thing or two about swimming.

Jase said...

hey tim,
just make sure you spend a bit of time in the water. for those who arent familiar with breathing when tired in the water, it can be a little intimidating. but just like marathon running, it takes some getting used to. be patient the first couple swim workouts and dont try to kill yourself. how many meters is the swim? oh and another secret is dont swallow the water or it could be very uncomfortable during the run. haha

Kat said...

You googled goggles. Hahaha : ) I wanna do a tri next spring as well. I'm "relearning" how to swim now too. Happy laps!