Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tempo run complete

YES, I DID IT!!!!!!





I completed my first complete tempo run. I have tried before in the past to do one or two but just never really had it in my heart to do it. I don't know why it just seemed like it was one of the workouts that I need to do. So just go do it.





Well I finally did it.







I was not sure at first how I would do but it finally hit when I was trying to help a friend met his goals. I was putting down some figures on paper and it finally hit me like a left hook. My tempo run speeds are less than I do on a race and less the time. YO STUPID that is what you are already running. So I decided to go the track last night and try it out. And it worked.

Grasshopper, Amy, went and ran her MP while I ran my tempo pace. She was talking to me the whole time to try and get my mind off of it. Well it worked. And I was actually talking back and started talking back to her. I could not believe it when I looked down and saw the times getting faster. My target HR was in the limits of where it should have been.

When we got through, we went out to run my cool down mile lap and Amy asked me what my time should be. I told her that it was normally around 11 and she laughed. She asked if we could pick it up and little bit. So off we went and averaged at 9:37 with a HR at 152.

WOW, WOW and WOW. I still cant believe I did it. I cant wait until track workouts tonight to see what I can do now.

No comments: