Friday, July 10, 2009

Shocked

I could think of alot of names for today's title but I think this was the best one. Lately I have had alot of things going on that has made my rethink about life. I did not know if I wanted to continue to run competitively or not until today. I have not been running long but I guess talking about running and somewhat knowing about some facts have paid off.

I WAS ASKED TO HELP SOMEONE RUN TODAY

Yes, I could not believe it myself. I have a friend who is trying to get a job but he has to pass a physical exam with a 1.5 mile run in a time of 12:59 or better. It has to below 13 minutes. I have been training for the Labor Day 5K and want to run it with a time of a sub 26. Well if I help my friend with his goal, it will help me with my goal. It is amazing how things just work out in the long run (or a short run).

I am going back to the hill workout to get back on track. I am starting to get a little nervous about my new goal because I thought someone who weighs 260 pounds could not run a race in the 25's. Well I am hoping to change my view and alot of others also. I want to show people that with a lot of training, you can reach your goals no matter what physical distractions you might think you have.

Well it is off to sleep to rest up for tomorrow. Have a great day.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Great job on inspiring others! You can do it!