Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Getting ready for the Bragg Jam

Yesterday I went out and ran the Bragg Jam course. Michelle Archer went out with me so that someone could be there to push me through it. Normally I take Mondays off from running but today was different. I wanted to see how long the course was actually going to be and to see the hills.

And boy were there some hills. This is not a flat course. I don't think this will be a PR course. I am going to try and run negative splits. That is going to be my biggest goal so I can get it through my mind and run like that every time.

I got a chance to go to the bike store and look at my new bike. It is a Madone 4.5 and it is pretty. It is powder blue and white. I told the salesman just as long as it is not red and black. I am a GT fan and I could not be seen in something that is UGA colors. He got the bike out and put road clips on it for me to ride around the parking lot. It felt great. I feel in love with it. I asked him about clips, shoes, shirts and shorts, tires. I mean we talked about everything. I am brain fried. All I know is that I am going back today and picking it up. The only problem is that I am trying to find some shoes to fit my big footed self.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for a new bike!!! You now have to ride with me!!!