Friday, April 3, 2009

Starting Over

First of all I would like to say Thank you to all the thoughts and prayers that were given to my wife during her stay in the hospital. She is now home and slowly progressing forward one step at a time. I think in a couple of months, we should she a possible new person.

As far as my running goes, I am starting over from scratch. I now have a coach, RC, who has told me that he could show my the information I need to help improve my times and improve my to be a better runner. So I took the plunge and went to his house and sat down for a night of schooling. Man I was totally impressed with his knowledge of running. He showed me to a T on what I was doing wrong. So I asked him to help me to fix it.

Today was my first day of running and trying to see where exactly my VDOT scores should be at. It is so technical now with all the technology into helping someone go faster and stronger. I went out for any easy 30 minute run at an 11:40 pace non-stop. Well I have been running the Galloway style taking walk breaks but no more. It is now old school with some new technology.

I was able to run the entire time and finished with an 11:41 average bu the RC said my HR was a little too high for my chart. I think it is because I have not been running lately and I have to go to the track one night this week and see what I can do on 1 mile repeats. I might have to change my charts to fix my HR or just go on a freaking diet. I weigh in now 259 pounds on a 6'2" frame. I lost about 45 pounds 3 years ago and started running but I need to loose more.

I am going to a local 5k tomorrow to see what kind of time I will have in the end. More to publish later.

No comments: