Friday, April 3, 2009

In trouble with the coach already

I had plans on running a 5K this morning but my wife was telling me last night that her back was hurting so I decided to stay home this morning and sleep a little more. I got up at about 8:00 and it was nice to sleep in late.
I was sitting in my favorite chair trying to think about where to go run today when my phone rand and I had a SWAT call out. Now I am thinking YES I can use this for my reason not to go run until later. Well it lasted for about 45 minutes with no casualties. Well I guess it is time to change clothes and go run.
I went to the local track to run some miles repeats and while I was there I could not get my HR monitor working. So I decided to just run 30 minutes at an easy pace of 11's per mile. Well I tried to run slow like that yesterday and my coach said that my HR was too high. So today I was going to run a little faster thinking I was using more HR to slow myself down. Well I ran 30 minutes non-stop at an 10:31 pace and had a finishing HR of 146. When I got through I called RC and told him what I did and he replied: What was the purpose of today's run".
Man 2 days into training and I am already in trouble. He told me to replace the battery in the monitor and see if that works. If not I could use his to see if we can get my charts accurate.

1 comment:

RC said...

Not in trouble young man. Reason for question was to get you thinking of Purpose for every Run. If you knew The Purpose, hit your target pace and felt good doing it, then ALL is good.

We just want to make sure you are in the right zone while training so as to not invite injury or over training.

Just watching out for you, it's my job :>)