Friday, April 10, 2009

1st week almost finished

Tomorrow I will be going for my long run. Normally I would say that a long run would be about 10 to 15 miles but tomorrow will be different. I will probably only get about 6 or 7 miles in. I will be running for 60 minutes continuously at a 11:30 pace.

I am loving this new training schedule. My RC is the best. To take his time after his full time job to do this for me is awesome. I have a slack discipline on running and need some help. That is why I decided to start over from scratch. I figured that after 3 years I probably needed a change.

I will be running with my friend Tommy Chambers at WR Air Force Base. I figured this would be the best place to go since it is flat and long. I want this run to be the flattest place because I don't want any hills, yet. I am a little bit nervous about it. I know I have run marathons and an ultra-marathon but I have not been put under the 'microscope' like I am now. My log is looked over by RC after my runs and I use to just keep up with myself. Now I have to run 5 days a week with no more than 1 day off in a row. As I am in training now, I don't want to slide backwards.

Today I went for my normal 30 minute run and my running buddy Steve ran with me. Today was a milestone for me. I was able to log my 1/2 splits and only have 2 sec off from the start to the finish. They were 5:30, 5:30, 5:28, 5:28 and a 5:30. I think I am getting better at holding a certain pace. That is what I am suppose to be doing and it is working.

Looking back on what I have learned this week, I cant wait until 6 weeks and I go into Phase II. I cant fathom on what I might be able to do in a couple of weeks. And especially what I will be able to do in a year.

No comments: