Monday, April 20, 2009

Gator-Go 5K



Saturday was my first 5K run since around Christmas time. I got into the habit of training for long runs like marathons and not trying to get any faster. Now that has all changed. This race doesn't show a big change in my abilities but I did not walk any during this race. There were alot of hills and some cross-country trails also.
I tried to think before the race of what time I was shooting for and I thought I was going to get somewhere in the 29's. Well I missed it be a little bit with a time of 30:29.
My RC showed up before the race and talked with me about thinking about my split times, running 2 miles for a warm up with 30 sec sprints put in with it and then lots of stretching. I have never ran 2 miles before racing 3.1 miles. I did not know what to think about that but looking back, it helped me to keep my HR up and not crash.
I am possibly running another 5K this weekend that will be somewhat flatter so that I will get a better view of how my training is progressing. Also I hope that I will not have anymore problems that will keep me from running.
More to come later. Have a great day.

No comments: