Sunday, April 26, 2009

D-I-S-C-I-P-L-I-N-E + AWESOME RC = New PR

Yesterday I ran the Strawberry Festival 5K in Reynolds GA. I was kind of not sure if I would race or not. Well it was supper time and we wanted Chinese food for supper. I went to our local restaurant and we sat down for supper. I opened my fortune cookie and it said that you will be granted a special reward. So then I told myself that I have to go now. LOL

I normally try and get to the runs about 1 hour before the race and warm up and stretch but I did not get a chance today. I got there and signed up and went out for a short warm up lap with Amy. The weather was great in the low 50's with low humidity. I ate some peanut butter with wheat bread and now I am feeling great. I am ready to run.

I lined up, turned on my MP3 player and reset my watch. I had already planned to go out slow and watch everyone just run off and leave me. I always go out to fast and pay for it in the end. It was killing me to see everyone leave me. But I was not going to break this cause that is one of the things that RC has told me. Boom the race is on and we are off and running.

Mile 1: 9:02
Mile 2: 8:58
Mile 3: 8:58
Mile .1 : 8:56 pace

With this time, I now have a new PR of 27:08. I think the official clock said 27:06 but I am not sure. When I was approaching the end of the race, I looked up and saw the clock when it said 26:20 and I told myself to hold the pace and just get a PR. I thought for a second that I might break 27 but I told myself that if I did that then I would not have something to look for next time. I was pumping my fists cause I knew I was getting a PR today. I have not beat my time in 2 years.

I crossed the line and was awarded a new PR. I felt great. I was on cloud nine. Then I found out I was 5th in my age group. Man I thought for sure I would place in my age group but not today. I would just have to settle for a new PR. LOL. I am sorry I can't believe I just said that.

Once again I would like to say thank you to RC for his knowledge and support.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Great Job Yesterday. Will you be making a repeat performance this weekend at Run for Missions?

RC said...

You killed it TimMan!! It was all you. Go team POD (Pain of Discipline).