Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Running is FUN again!


Tonight was a fun day of running. I brought back so many memories of why I got into running. It is FUN. I can see in just one week a small improvement in my HR staying down at the same pace. This is fun.
While I was running my 30 minutes tonight, I set my goal in 30 minutes to run at a 10:55 pace. I upped the pace 5 seconds to just push myself a little more because I find it harder to run slower and I want to see an improvement. Well the charts say it all. I AM IMPROVING. I LOVE IT.
My RC was at the track tonight and it was like seeing the principal in the hallway in school. He was watching to see how things were going. I found out tonight I need to learn how to keep my big mouth shut. As I would come around the corners, I would tell RC how my HR was staying in the low 140's at a 10:53 pace. Well when it was over tonight he informed me that I need to work on keeping the HR in the low 150's. Well now my goal pace is 10:45.
NO MORE 11's. I have seen improvement and I am setting my Level 1 base. C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-C-Y is the key word to my gains. Not missing more than 1 day in a row and running at least 5 days a week with one long day of 6o minutes. My food intake has changed also to eating 5-6 small meals a day and that helps in my goal pace of running.
I have my first 5K this Saturday and I plan on running negative splits for the first time. It will be interesting. Normally I would normally go out and just run. Now it is about listening to my HR and my body. Getting my HR in control will make my times fall down.
Have a great day and keep running.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Congrats on your awesome pace. one day I will grow fast like you!