Friday, April 3, 2009

My first official day of training


Today was my first official day of my new training log. I was suppose to go out for an easy 30 minute run and keep it between an 11 - 11:30 and I nailed it. I like having someone telling me what distance and time I should be running. I am somewhat of a lack of discipline when it comes to that. I used to think that you just should go out and log in the distance and everything else should fall into place. Man I was wrong.

My RC is so smart I see him one day doing his coaching thing full time and helping lots of people. If not that, he should write a book and tell others how much fun running can be if you just do it right. You can see big gains with smaller efforts. Now don't think this is going to be a cake walk but I will only get in return what I put into it and I don't plan on stopping now. I have told too many people about it and I have made up my mind.

I am battling with my speed and my weight so I hope and pray that both of them will fall together and I will become a better runner and person. One day I hope to be able to help someone else to become a better runner but for now, it off to the store for some good food.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Congrats on your first official day of training. That data looks awesome

Amy said...

Good job Big Grasshopper! Soon you'll be zipping by Dave and Elizabeth just like I did this morning...