Friday, April 3, 2009

Learning from scratch

I was going to go run a 5K this morning but we went to a Macon Tracks Social last night at Amy's house and when we got home my wife was telling me that her back was hurting. I did not push the issue so we stayed home this morning. I don't want her to hurt anymore.

I am going to the track sometime today and do some 1 mile repeats and try and work on some base knowledge on my running ability. My RC wants to revamp my training log and see if my HR can stand the speed ( or lack of ) that I am running at right now.

I did not know that there is so much to take into consideration if you want to become a better and more consistent runner. I thought you were suppose to put the one foot on front of the other and make it to the finish line. Boy was I wrong.

I was schooled on all the running definitions that I will know to make me become a better runner. I am borrowing a Garmin 305 because it has a HR monitor and my 205 does not. It is cool to see more functions on Sportstrack so I can oversee where I have gone wrong.

For the next couple of weeks we are working on just running for at least 5 days a week for 30 minutes straight and trying to hold it somewhere between an 11:30 to an 11:40 and see where the HR puts me at. I think my HR is at the wrong speed right now due to the lack of running consistency. I hope this all changes soon because I want to get out there and try and go a little faster with less effort.

Your body is like a car. You want to get the best out of your engine, the most MPG and you want it to last forever. Well that is the same as running. You want to be able to run without the feeling of you are going to die. You want to be able to run more efficient on the food and drinks that are in your body and you want to stay out of the doctors office and rehab.

Well until later, have a blessed weekend and log in some miles.

No comments: