Saturday, March 28, 2009

A day of ups and downs

Today has truly been a day of ups and downs. I will not go into detail cause I am tired of crying. Just when you think yes it is a great day, BAM something out of the blue hits you and knock you back several steps. It is just like life. We all go through rough roads in life, learn from our mistakes and go forward with more knowledge and understanding.
I feel so bad knowing that my wife is lying in bed and I thought about leaving for a few minutes and running down to the expo for the ING that is in town. The marathon race is tomorrow not far from her. But that is when it hit me. My wife is running a marathon right now. She is going through her first one. She has been in training and pain for about 4 years now.she has gone through the starting line, hit the half-way mat and turned to go through the wall on the way to the promised finish line to collect that glorious finishers medal. But her race is not a typical race, it is a race to get back to a normal status that we all including myself take for granted.
If you are able to walk, run or even sit in a chair with no pain you should take the time and thank God how lucky you are to have that luxury. I know that I have taken it for granted but my eyes have been opened.
More to come but right now we are approaching a water and aid station. Time for refueling and some meds.

Have a wonderful week.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Hope all is well with you and Ms Mandie. We think about yall often!

Walk Mandie Walk

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a really hard time for you guys. I hope the recovery goes well!