Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ready to go

I am so ready for Snickers this year. Last year my goal was to finish my first marathon and I did. This time I am going out on a limb and I am going to try and predict my finishing time. I am shooting for a PR of 5:08, going to try and beat a sub 5 and maybe finish at _:__. I might be crazy for saying this but what the heck. I am going for it.

Last night I ran 6 miles with Amy and we finished somewhere in the 10:28 pace range. It felt great. I am going to try and work on my speed this summer.

I want to put a time out but I don't want to mess up by predicting a time. I am going to go CRAZY if I make the time I am shooting for. I will let everyone know what it is if I make it.

Until then, I want to say a special thank you to Amy for the story last night and the encouraging thoughts for Saturday.


Well I have to get everything ready and get to bed. The next post will be with a race recap.

No comments: