Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Track run

Well I made it back for a night at the track. I ran about 3 miles with the company of Steve and Troy while running intervals of 400's. I was not breaking any land speed records last night due to some nagging hip pains. Troy was released from the Dr's care and was told to run only 2 -3 laps. He told him he wanted to run about 2 - 3 miles and the doc said no. So he held back.

Last night was probably the last night for a while for running due to my wife having surgery this Friday. She is having spinal fusion at St. Joesph's Hospital in Atlanta. We have to be at the hospital at 5:00 in the morning. I am so glad they are going to put her to sleep cause they have seen her attitude in the morning :-) She so totally hates mornings.

I don't want to sound like I am using her surgery as a reason for not running. I have been blesses with a wonderful wife that follows me everywhere I go to run. If I am at a race, you better believe she is there with her camera. I want to be there for her. I want my coach to get back on her feet so that we can get on with a normal life and do things that a family can do together. This has been put off for nearly 4 1/2 years due to paperwork and legalities.

If you are reading this and know what it is like to see a loved one going through pain, please just take a few minutes and say a prayer for her. I know that prayer works and I have seen it truly make a difference. We will be going to the hospital tomorrow night and I will let everyone stay informed through this site.

Thank you for all your support through our battle and go run a mile for me.

No comments: