Sunday, March 1, 2009

Tapering



That is what I have done since Tuesday night. I have not run since. I felt so good after the track workout. I think I am ready and wanted to give my legs a break. I will try and get some miles in this week but just for fun. I spent this weekend just having daddy fun. Saturday night we went to the monster truck show and had a blast.

This was the first time my son has seen monster trucks. He is a big fan of Grave Digger and I had to tell him he had a flat tire and could not make it there. He was a little upset until the races started. Then it was nothing but smiles and cheers. Oh and Austin was having fun too o:).



Sunday was going to be a day of nothing but rest. We wore ourselves out at the show. I had planned on running about 6 miles today for my tapering but something else came down. SNOW!!!! in Georgia in March. Can you believe it? I could not.

This is a picture of my little buddy and myself after making a snow bunny. I totally forgot about running this weekend and maybe this week I might get in a few miles. I will be running the Snickers marathon this Saturday in Albany. I am ready and hope to keep the same attitude during the race. Have a great week.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I love the Monster Truck Picture! Too bad Grave Digger had a flat. :)

Good Luck with Snickers this coming weekend. Be sure and give Kenny and I a call to let us know how you did!