Friday, March 13, 2009

The week after

I have taken this week off from running so that I could have some time for rest from running Snickers. I have been having some problems with my right hip, knee and ankle. I have not had this happen after any marathons before in the past. I really sucks getting old :o)

The main thing started Tuesday with my hip popping when I moved in certain ways. It has made me start thinking of new ways of stretching and warming up before races. I have seen many runners complain of this problem and I hope I don't have this happen again.

Then the pain shifted to my ankle. There is a spot just above my ankle that is very tender. I think it might be some soreness from a tendon. I have been icing it down at night and it seems to be getting better.

Now the pain has gone to my right knee. It hit me this morning while I was sleeping. I had to get up this morning around 2:00 a.m. and ice it down and put a pillow under it. It seems like the pain is just moving around from one place to another. This is strange because just as soon as I start to rehab one thing, it moves. I just wonder if anyone else has had this problem.

I am going to start training a friend next week for an event. He asked me to help him run a 1.5 mile run in 12.40. I don't know what it is but I always like a challenge. I told him we would start Wed of next week. I am going to start him slow and then we will get moving. I figured it would help me in the process. You know, kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Well, until next week I am resting the legs and having fun getting caught up with the family affairs.

No comments: