Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A great day for a run

This weekend was great for running. I went Saturday morning and watched, yes watched not ran, the Cherry Blossom 5K/15K at Wesleyan College. First we got a chance to see some hot air balloons launch into the sea of pollen.
.
Then it was time to watch and take some photos of my friends running the race. My friend Amy, from Amy's running life, ran a great race taking 1st place in her age group. Way to go Amy! The training has been paying off.
I took time to help Kenny and Stef at the finish line handing out finishers cards. The 5K course ran about .2 miles and the 15K ran nearly 1 mile long. So many people would finish the race and look at their watches and say "I knew it felt like this course was long".
I got a chance to run Sunday morning with my friends Kenny and Stef through the wonderful subdivisions of Macon. We are celebrating Cherry Blossom this week and the trees and in perfect bloom. It is playing havoc on our sinus problems. Everything is turning yellow with the fallen pollen. We had talked about going out for about 6 miles and I told them I hoped to be able to keep up with them. We ran up and down so many hills making jokes the whole time about Kenny and his super human hearing, Batman. As we finished near about mile 6, we decided to get in a 10K and then said we might as well get in 7 since we have to at least get back to the cars. And we did. Man this was my first run back since the Snickers run. And I could tell it. I was sore the next day in my hip and foot. But it was well worth it. I hope to be able and write back and tell you about my trip to the track workout tonight.
Until later, have a great week.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Got to love the Hooters Balloon!

It was great running with you on Sunday. It was my first long run since before your marathon so seriously, I think we all needed a slow long run.

Good luck this week!