Sunday, December 14, 2008

Weekend run

Today I slept in late cause I did not get to sleep until about 4:30 this morning. I had a crazy night and could not sleep from one of those late afternoon naps. I went to my Christmas party at work and missed getting ready to go to the Christmas Lane run because I hate to be rushed. My wife kept informing me that we would have enough time but I hate to be rushed. I would not have had enough time to get there and stretch and just get my mind into the race. I was mad.

Today I went out for what was suppose to be a long run for preparation for Disney which is 4 weeks away. Well I got in 2 miles. I just kept looking at all the mud puddles that were still looming from the 4 1/2 inches of rain we got this week and reminding myself about Bartram. I am tired of the cold rain. This week we are suppose to have temps in the 70's for our highs and it will be strange for December weather.


I know physically I am ready for my adventure at Disney and then to follow at Aviation some 6 days later but I am having issues mentally trying to get myself pumped up. I know this is really normal for me but I am so ready and I want to get more excited. I am going to try and get back into the normal running schedule this week so I can get my mind back into it.


Have a great week.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

It's ok. We all miss a long run. I got lucky today and could avoid all of the mud puddles left behind by the rain.

You are going to do awesome at Disney!

Amy said...

Yeah, don't worry about it. You know you are capable of doing it, and that's all that matters.

Maybe if my orthotics come in this week I can get in a few slow miles with you!