Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday track workout

Before going to track workouts tonight, I met up with Steve and Amy for a pleasurely 3 mile run down at Central City Park and ran around the 1 mile track. It was still a little muddy in some spots from the rain we are still getting. I think tomorrow I will work on my ark :) Tonight was Amy's first night back to running after having foot problems. We kept it easy while trying to talk about why cars were parking and flashing their lights at passing cars. Thanks Steve for the 411 on 5-0.


Tonight at track workout, Kerry told us we were going to work on short runs. Yeah, my favorite. We were going to run 100's,200's,300's then 400's with 3 repeats. On the first 100, I lined up on the front row, ad we were off. WOW.



15.42 with an average pace calibrated at 4.08/mile pace. OMG I thought my shoes were going to fly off my feet. We then lined up for the 200 and we were off.



35.12 with an average pace of 4.16/mile. I know thought I was crazy. I was staying in the top 4 of the whole group. Now going to the 300's I slowed down just a little to 1.15 cause my sprints are only good at short distances like when I try and Sucka people at the end. We were getting ready for the next round after I skipped the 400 when we started and one of the guys pulled a groin muscle. OUCH. I stopped to go get him an ice-pack and to rest up for the next group of runs.



I guess I proved once again that I will not accept the fact that I am slow. I might be overweight at 254 pounds but I carry it faster every day. I know that going to track workouts I will improve on my time gradually just like my weight loss. Once again I would like to say a special thank you to my friends that will take the time to run with me and let me vent off some frustrations in my life so that I can go on another day.


Have a great day and keep up the good work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,
sounds like you had a great trip around the track. Keep up the hard work. You will be seeing huge dividends this new year.

Deborah

Amy said...

When you accept the fact that you are slow, you will stop running. We've already talked about this silly...do not ever silence that inner critic!

Oh, and if I see you at the park alone I won't speak to you anymore...lol. And yes, you've totally got the sprint speed Sucka thing down. If anyone needs references, please see me.

See ya Thursday.

Mary said...

Tim, will you call me tonight or tomorrow? Tonight: 477-5254 - tomorrow 745-1181. Thanks, Mary Katz