Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Track work

Tuesday nights are normally for our track workouts and speed work. Well I decided to just go out and run so that I don't injure myself.

Tonight I started about 5:30 before everyone showed up and started running at a 3:1 ratio. Normally I have doing 5:1 and I wanted to compare the two and see if there is a difference. It was cold at first but after the first mile it really warmed up.

Michelle kept me company for the first of my 2 miles while we talked about our possible plans at Disney. We are both doing the full marathon and trying to plan out speeds and ratios for what we are going to run.

Amy and Troy showed up and everyone started doing mile repeats, well everyone except for Amy and myself. We continued on 3:1 runs with an 10:27 pace for 8.22 miles. I figured that out to put me on pace for 4:34 marathon if I was able to maintain that pace. My goal is to PR at one of the races with a time of less than 5:08. I think I might have a shot at it:)

I am going to take the next couple of days off so to all a good night and Merry CHRISTmas.

No comments: