Saturday, December 6, 2008

Reindeer Run and Santa Stroll



Today was my fist race since finishing my 33.07 mile race this weekend. I am still having old and new issues of black toes. One of them is swelling with allot of drainage. OUCH!!
When I started out this morning was the most pain I have had from my toes all week. The rest of my body feels OK. I was contemplating on whether or not to run this morning or to bow out gracefully. Well, once again I decided I had to go. I am glad I did.
This morning was cold about 29 degrees with no wind. It was a great morning to run for the children and to see Santa so that I could drop some hints about what I wanted for Christmas. :) I hope he was writing it all down.
I decided to run this morning at a conservative pace with Steve and Amy so that I would not injure myself. We started out and were on a great pace. When we passed our first mile marker Steve advised me that he was on a PR time for his 5K. We stayed together for the first half of the course and then I had to see if my legs were truly OK. I picked up the pace and told Amy not to school me today. When we turned for the last 1/2 mile downhill I said I have to go to prove this to myself. I finished today at 32:16 which was no PR for me but it was great to get back out and run with no problems.
I tip my hat to Steve, Troy who won first in his age group, Neel and to all the others who had PR times and awards today. It was truly a great day for a race.

No comments: