Monday, August 31, 2009

New sports

I think I got to a point where running to me became less of a sport and more like work. And so that is why I took some time off. I know that I have an important race coming up on Monday, but I know that I will do my best and I will be happy with it.

Tonight I went out with my buddy from work Kevin, and ran with him. He is helping his wife run a Galloway program to get ready for the Donna 26.2 race in Jacksonville Fl in Feb. It had been a while since I ran ratios but it brought back a lot of memories. I really needed this run tonight. I have been some what out of the saddle for a while.

Yesterday brought a lot of fun during church and afterwards. Austin graduated from K-5 and went to 1st grade. The church had a program where they line up the kids in front of everyone and give them new bibles. I am so proud of him. He loves his Sunday School. After church we loaded up the truck and went to Lake Juliette for some swimming and eating. I was able to get in about 250M worth of swimming and before I got out, I asked Stef to watch me for a minute. I leaned over, put my face down in the water and started swimming like I am suppose to do. She said I was doing it right and I just needed to work on my breathing. I think that was a big accomplishment for me to get my form down like it is suppose to be. I am going to the pool this week to work on form and breathing.

I am slowly progressing forward with this whole TRI idea and I am not looking back. I know that it takes time to perfect anything you do and I will only get better in time. Sometimes you just have to go back in order to go forwards.

Have a great day and if you see a big fat kid splashing around in a pool, just tell me hello.

No comments: