Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The nerves are kicking

Last night we went to the track for our last workout before the Labor Day race. I am so ready for this race. I originally had a goal of getting in the 26 range but now my current PR is 26:37.

Last night we did 3-1 mile repeats to determine how we might finish on the race. It is mostly downhill, if you are doing the 5K like me. It was nice cause the temps were in the mid 70's with a cool breeze.

Lap 1: 8:30
Lap 2: 8:25
Lap 3: 8:17

If I am able to keep this pace through out the race, I should be able to finish some where in the mid to upper 25 range. If this happens, it will be the shot heard around the world. I always thought it would be awesome to finish a race with those times but I never thought I had a chance.

I will be somewhat glad when this is over so I can train entirely on the TRI. I am going tonight for an open water swim at Lake Tobosofkee and swim around the beach area. I am still having some issues with my breathing technique. It seems when I turn my head, my mouth opens and I forget to take a breath. Stupid. You cant keep going if you don't breath. I now that it will come to me but I wish it would come sooner so I could get rid of this stupid butterflies. I hope to be able to complete a practiced 400 before the actual race and feel comfortable both mentally and physically. I am having the same mental issues I had when I did my first marathon and I pray they will pass.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Those are awesome times. You better be waiting at the finish line for me and Kenny LOL