Monday, September 14, 2009

6 more days and counting

As I sit here and think about this weekend, I am also thinking about what I have conquered. I have the ability to look at a goal, set my schedule and go for it. I thought I would never sign up for a triathlon. I am not a great swimmer and I always thought these kind of races would be left up to the pro athletes. Well not cause that is why I am doing it.

When I took up running, I had a lot of people tell me that marathons were only for fast people, skinny people or people with training. I took that into consideration and started training. Now I look back and laugh when people say "You run marathons and ultra-marathons?".

Well I gladly and proudly look them in the eyes and say "YES I do". I have a type of personality that does not accept defeat. If I am told that I can not do it, it pushes me forward more to take on the challenge.

I found out that there is going to be a duathlon at Vidalia when we are doing the TRI. They are going to start about 10 minutes after we start. My wife told me that I should be doing that cause I know I could do it. I told her that is why I am not doing it. I am doing the TRI to push myself forward to challenge myself to do something I thought I could never accomplish.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

That is the Tim I know!!!

5 days and counting now!