Monday, September 28, 2009

Looking at Chick

Chickamauga, that is. This is going to be my next HM that is on my list. I signed up for this one hoping to maybe work on my PR. I have not done much since finishing the TRI last weekend. I set my alarm clock this morning to go run and I overslept. BOOOO!!!!!

I am going to start back running at least 5 days a week with my long runs on the weekend. I am going to try and run it someone under 2:18. Yes, I said it and now it is on the table. That is the only way I will get faster. I have to dedicate myself to get out there and go.

This weekend I joined some of my TRI friends for a bike stroll. We headed out on our Sat. morning ride and turned it into a 3 county tour. No this is not turning into a Gilligan's Island song but it would be funny. We finished up with 38 miles at a 16 mph average. I have not been that far in the saddle in a long time. It was very fun and I can not wait until I do my next century ride. But for now, I have about 6 weeks to get ready for Chick.

No comments: