Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Road Race recap 2009

Today was a great day for a run. Last night I put out everything that I was going to need so that I would not have to think about and leave out something. Well I did,

My timing chip. OPS. Luckily we dont live far from the race and my lovely wife went back home and got it for me. I went out for my warm up run while she went back home and got it for me. Steve asked me to go out and warm up together. He told me that normally he does not warmup by running. I told him that to me it does make a difference.

I got a chance to see some old friends today before the race. It is times like that make it all worth the wait.

I had some bad jitters before the race. I have been training for this race for a while. Track workouts, long Sunday runs and many maintance runs through out the week.

And today it was going to be over. I was shooting for a new PR of something below 26:37

I got a 26:40. Yes I could have gone faster but I did not. I probably could have shaved off about 10 seconds but I did not. I had fun today. If someone would have told me that I was that close, I would have gone faster.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

26:40 is pretty damn impressive if you ask me! Congrats on a great race and a fun afternoon!