Sunday, August 16, 2009

I have totally lost......

If you know me you could probably answer this statement with so many different statements. But today I have the correct answer..... my mind cause I just signed up for my first TRI.

YES IT IS TRUE

Today I went out with Stef, Kenny, Samantha and one of her friends from the base and we went to Lake Juliette for some swimming and running. Well they went into the water and I had to walk around the edge of the Lake. Since I had my eye surgery I am not allowed to get into the lake until 2 weeks. At least I can get back into the pool in 1 week. 5 more days and then it is time to start practicing my flipper skills. I guess this week will be working on my running times and stamina cause I still have the Labor Day race to participate in and try and shoot down my old PR times.

Well like I said in the beginning, The Vidalia Onion Sprint TRI in on Sept. 19. There are some others that are from the Bike Club in Warner Robins that are going to enter also. The swim is the only thing I am concerned with since that is not my strong attribute. The bike and run I should not have any problems with as long as I still breathing after the swim.

So for the next few weeks I am going to concentrate on getting my swimming better so if you have any extra prayers, please send them my way. Have a great week.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for this race. You are going to do amazing

Kat said...

Congrats on having the guts to sign up and "dive in" to your first tri!!!! I'm jealous, I don't have the guts to do one yet... gonna wait until the spring. Tell Steve G I'm still waiting on those little bike shorts :)

R. Andrew Strickland said...

Go get 'em, Tim! You can do it!