Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Birthday

Yes, today is my birthday and what am I going to do today you may ask? Well it is going to be sitting at home with my little buddy who woke up this morning throwing up. He said his legs hurt from staying out last night and playing with Monica's dog. I have been watching cartoons and just got through watching the Irongirl TRI on NBC. My friend Stefanie was in it. I saw myself on TV in one of my spots where I was taking pictures.

Lately I have had some issues of running. I for some reason don't know why I don't want to just go run. I have to tell myself that I need a reason to go run. What happen to me??? I normally can just go to the track or wherever and run. I knew what I needed to do for the day and just went and did it. Now I don't know whether or not I want to run, bike or try some more on swimming. Is this normal for people to go through? Some days I want to run and then some days I could care less about going out and pushing myself to the limit.

When I first started running with team POD, I was excited about the improvement I was making. So what happened? Now it is like well I guess I am going to go run. I don't know if I am going to ready to run the Labor Day race that I wanted to possible PR. Heck I cant even push myself to go run and easy day. How can I push my body to go to the limits when I cant even get my butt off the sofa.

I hope this is just another passing problem. This last week I had to put a lot of things on the back burner. We had my uncle's estate sale this weekend and we are all tired. It takes a lot of work to pull these things out. Maybe now I can get my mind and body back into a routine. This Saturday is the Jim Herrin 10K where I wanted to bust my PR by about 1 to 2 minutes. I hope I can still do this.

Until later, I hope yall have a great week.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday!

I have been through this funk too lately. Partly because of my arm surgery, but more of just not wanting to do it. Then RC said something to me that made so much sense...I can't remember what exactly he said, but it made me realize that I didn't want to go run because I was looking at it like work...run this or that because I had to, not because I wanted to. I don't ever want it to be like work! I want it to be something I do because I love to do it. At any rate, after tonights run I will have logged 41 miles this week...a far cry from the 12 I did the week before. But, it wasn't until I realized that it's not work, that I wanted to go run.

Not sure if that makes any sense at all...but I hope it did.

Kat said...

Happy B-Day....

I think we all have our running ups and down, day to day, week to week, month to month. Just the fact that you're worried about it means that you care about your training and you won't quit. That's all that matters. You KNOW that you are gonna be up again and be back out there.

Too Legit to Quit said...

Turbo,

You have conquered a lot when it comes to running. You ran a MARATHON! You brought your 5K PR down to the 26's with a little focused training. You've made many good friends along the way. When I don't feel like running, I think of what all running has brought me and get out and do it. It's like our Faith and our relationships. Our feelings may swing up and down but in the end we know they are not worth losing. Running's given you too much, don't lose it. RC - TEAM POD