Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just call me Daddy......

If you have done anything for a long time, you will understand that sometimes you just have to start over to get better.

I found that out about 5 months ago when I asked Sam to help me get stronger, smarter and faster. I have and I will truely be in his debt for the help, knowledge and friendship I have now. I have seen a big progress in my running ability and I want to go further with it. Just not right now. I have jump into new waters and I think I like it. I want to try to finish a TRI.

I was told tonight that I have been spending too much time away from my little buddy and it is so true. I can look at him now and see how much he has grown. I just need to take a little break and just be called Daddy.

4 comments:

Kat said...

Ahhhh, to learn how to juggle family v/s personal goals & ambition! When you figure it out let me know... But always remember, that your training & meeting your goals makes you a happier & better person FOR your family to be around. It's all GOOD!

Anonymous said...

Nothing is worth sacrificing time with your kids....I admire your decision and respect you for it my friend.

TC

Jase said...

I'm battling the same thing now with my newborns and my 6 y.o. It's rough out there. Just keep fighting for everything in life that you want and somehow, someway, it will all balance out.

Amy said...

I hate to hear that when you were getting so strong! Good luck with the tri's.