Saturday, August 29, 2009

The week in review

Sunday- swimming at Lake Juliette or trying not to down
Monday- swimming at The Wellness Center
run with my friend Kevin and his wife
Tuesday- track workout 5x400's with a slow jog in between laps
Wednesday- 26 miles on the bike and turned my fastest time so far averaging 17.2 MPH
Thursday- swimming at Wellness Center
Friday- OFF
Saturday- training swim at Vidalia at the TRI site
rode the 12 mile course averaging 18 MPH



As you can tell, I am trying my best to get ready for the triathlon. I initially had big goals set up for the Labor Day road race but that is in the back of my head now. I am liking the new sport cause it makes me work my whole body and not get STUCK on just working on one thing. If you don't know me, I like a good challenge and I don't like to settle for a par level.

I am really having a big problem with the open water swim. I just thought I knew how to swim. I have been watching videos, listening to lectures and looking at lots of pictures to try and get down the right technique.

So far it is taking a lot longer than I thought it would. I have not happy with myself. I keep saying the wring things. Putting myself down. Saying I am a failure that this will not happen. Telling myself I am going to drown when I put my face in the water at which messes up my swim when my legs fall down. I AM SO TIRED OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!


WELL NO MORE.


I AM GOING TO TELL MYSELF EVERYDAY THAT I WILL FINISH EVEN IF I AM IN LAST PLACE. I WILL FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I have so many friends like Kenny and Stefanie that are working with me to try and help me to get better with my techniques. They are even telling me that they will drag me out of the water if that will help. Well it probably will if you eat your Wheaties :o)

To sum up this post, I am not going to give up cause I have so much to gain with my friends, family and memories. So if you see me post something and it is nothing but a quote, you will know that I have not given up.

Thank you to everyone.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Timbo! Even in the past two open water swims, I have seen vast improvements. I know you can finish and even ahead of others! :)

No more negative thoughts. The pyramids weren't built in one day and you didn't run a marathon your first time running. Believe me I have huge open water fears but you just have to think positively. Don't defeat yourself before you have a chance to succeed!(But if I get too mary sunshine on you, just slap me!)

Bo said...

Hang in there brother You will make it