Monday, August 3, 2009

Just run...

I have had some time this weekend to think and talk with friends about this subject. I know you think you would look at my title, Paramedic Marathoner, and you would not think I would have problems with running. Well it is true.

I think I just started thinking of running in a sense of working. Well it is time to get up and run. Let me look at the chart and see what there is to do today. NOT!!!!!!!

I am not going to put myself in these shoes anymore. This does not mean I am not going to follow my schedule and try to improve on my PR. This only means that if I get out there to run a tempo run and I feel like crap, than I am just going to run what I can and be proud of being out there. I am no longer going to bet myself up and down. I am runner. We have good and bad days.

I have missed some days lately due to having my uncle's estate sale and I have logged in some long days with it but now it is time to get ready for Jim Herrin 10K. This is the 10K where I broke the hour mark for the first time so I hope I wake up Saturday morning with lots of energy. I am going to try and push myself to beat my PR time by at least 1 minute.

So as far as my running goes, I will continue to run and strive for new goals so that I become a better runner, but ultimately I am going to strive to become a better athlete.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I completely feel ya. I think I have made the decision to run Jim Herrin. I have never run a 10K (weird huh), so I should see you out there!

I am proud of all the progress you have made recently. Don't beat yourself up, just enjoy the run!