Saturday, August 8, 2009

Jim Herring recap

Today was a day for me to remember for a long time. Long days and lots of long, hard hours were put into a great run today. Today was the annual Jim Herring 5/10K run in Centerville Ga.

I have put many hours of training into preparation for today's race. I have put a lot of things on the back burner. I have missed out on doing normal stuff like an every day person would do. So what do I get out of all this.

Well I will tell ya

It was not a sub 60......

It was not a sub 59.......

It was a sub 58 at 57:53

It is called a new PR on a 10K course that was very humid and hot!!!!!!!


I had decided to go out with a preplanned time on each mile split and I was on track through miles 1,2 and 3. That is where I think I got into pace-lock. I tried to go faster but my HR was climbing the roof. I then decided to continue at my pace and settle for a new PR but not what I had told everyone I was shooting for. Yes I know it sounds crazy, but that is me.

I would like to give a big shot out to my friend Stef who ran her first 10K today. It was kind of strange that she has run all other distance races including a marathon but had not run a 10K.

Lots of people today got new PR's. I guess it just goes to show that you do get out of life for what you put into it.

I am now going to lie down and get some much needed rest.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

The good thing about running a new distance... it is a sure PR! And it was really close to your prediction.

Congrats on the new PR. That pace is rockin!