Monday, June 29, 2009

Tired of the heat

It was early Monday morning and I got up for my run. I was still tired from walking around at the Iron Girl TRI at Lake Lanier. It was hot there and then the drive home was long. We stopped at Outback restaurant to have and early lunch and fell asleep in the truck in the parking lot. I am tired.

I tried to go out for an easy run and then tried to turn it into a MP run but I was unsuccessful. I got in about 3 miles, not my 4 miles that I was suppose to run. I looked at my monthly miles and I am up a little from last month and still have a couple of days to go. I took a week off and could have really wracked some miles but I had business to attend with.

I think I am getting better and faster but this heat is killing me. It is also killing my moral. It makes me want to say forget it and just wait until the winter but if I do that I will loose all the training that I have already accumulated. I will try and beat this weather but I have to do it a little wiser. I need to remember that hitting the times on my chart are for ideal weather temps. I am still trying to lose weight but I just love food. I am in the process of getting with some people that might be able to help me with my issues of food.

I had fun watching Stef this weekend at the race but this the first one I actually stood there and watched. I wanted to go out there and race. I hate to be behind the gates. I guess I am going to have to break down and buy me a bike and start training on my swimming.

TRIs, here I come, one day.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Super thanks for all of your support this weekend. I really appreciated having my own cheering section!!!

You definitely need to get a bike asap. It would be fun to go riding since I can't keep up with your running LOL!