Monday, June 15, 2009

A day of rest

Yesterday was a day of struggles. I tried to run my long run and failed. I was told to take today off and I am going to do it with pride. I am still on cloud 9 with a new PR on my 5K with an official time of 26:37. I never thought in 100 years that I would ever be in the 26 range. I thought that was only for fast people. I remember looking at a finish clock one day dreaming that it would be incredible if I ever came close to that dream. Well today's dream is a reality. I am living life in the fast lane and loving every moment of it thanks to hard work and encouragement from RC and others.

I went to the bike store Sat after the race to meet up with Kenny and Stef while Batman was getting his bike looked at and the bug bite me.OOOOWWWWWW

I need to get a new bike. I was looking at all the new ones on the market and my wife said go ahead. Oh no she should not have said that. I looked at the low end models of the carbon fiber bikes and they are about 2100.00 Then when you throw in shoes, clips, helmet ( oh I forgot I have one ) extras, it get expensive. I want to try and train for a Tri for next year if I can get my Check Spellingswimming better.

Well for now, I am just going to sit back and relax today because tomorrow RC will be sending me a new VDOT chart and I am probably going to pass out when I see it. Until then, have a wonderful day and live it to the max.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

You know I would love to tri train with you. ANd Kenny and I are always looking for riding partners. You just tell us when you are ready.