Sunday, June 28, 2009

Relaxing at home

This week was nice because I started running before I go to work. It works better for me cause when I get home from work the temps are in the upper 90's and I can get in the pool.

Friday morning I got up a little earlier than usual to run my long run. I got in about 6.5 miles for my long run. Normally I get 8 to 9 but I was not sure if I was going to get in all the miles before having to go to work. It was extremely hot and humid at 5 a.m. I think when I got through that I had sweat dripping off of my finger nails. I tried to pick a good route to run so that I could have some lights to run under but it actually became a very HILLY route. So for the miles that I did not get in I made up for it in the hill workout.

Saturday morning my wife and I were going to Lake Lanier to watch my friend Stef run a triathlon. But I decided to get up a little early and go do my hill workout. 6 of the POD crew including myself met at the Children's home for a gruelling run. I got there and started warming up with a short 1/2 mile run and started to sweat. Then RC showed up and said "All right, lets go for a mile warm up". I thought I was already warm.

NOT!!!!!!

We went for a mile run with hills and had to run past a yard sale and I did not have my wallet with me. I saw some good bargains.

I told RC that I wanted to try and get out by 8:30 so he told me to get at least 2 more than I did last time. So today it was going to be 6 repeats on a 1/4 mile with a pace at 1:56.

1st lap: 1:56
2nd lap: 1:59
3rd lap: 2:03
4th lap: 2:03
5th lap: 2:06 ABOUT TO PASS OUT!!!!!
6 and final lap: 1:59 and finished to collapse to my knees to suck up any wind I could possibly find.

I got through and it was off to the house to shower and get on the road. We met up with Kenny and Stef a the motel before we went out for some good Japanese food and going to bike stores for clothes and for me to try and decide which kind of bike I want to buy. I think I decided on a road bike with some extra stuff to put on it. We went to a pizza place for supper and then some ice cream for dessert. Yum Yum. Now it is time to get to the motel for some sleep.

I would like to say a big yippe for Stef for doing a great race today. I will let her describe the race so I don't mess it up. Go to http://theprincessrunner.blogspot.com/ to read her recap.

Maybe next year I will be ready for a TRI. We will see.

No comments: