Saturday, June 13, 2009

A week of fun with a new PR

I have had a busy week this week. I have not posted anything lately because I have been chosen to also post on wellsphere blog where medical personal post blogs about how to help people. They were reading my post and asked me to join.

Normal stuff at work trying to fix people and keep them alive while trying not to sweet to death. I am still trying to get use to the temps in the 90's.

Tuesday night track workout was going to be 4 - 1200 repeats. I was really not looking forward to this night. It was HOT!!! and I was nervous. I was trying to figure out if I was going to be able to keep up and not make everyone mad while having to wait so long on me. Well once again if I would just shut up and trust God and know he is not going to let me down, I would be good. When I got there, RC told us that anyone who normally runs 5k's faster than 27 would run the 1200's and everyone else would run 800's so that we could all finish about the same time. Man I was so glad to hear this news. I have not gotten up to the stamina to hold a fast speed for 1200's.

Wednesday I actually went out for an easy 40 minute run. Normally I take Wednesdays off during the week. I thought it would be an easy run until my right calf muscle tightened up so tight that I thought I was going to pass out. I had problems the night before but I thought it was over.

Thursday night was my first night at hill work. We met at the Children's Home to run the hills. Amy, Michelle and myself showed up for some more training. I had never tried this before so I was a little nervous. I was told that I needed to look at my charts to see what my 400 time. So off we went for a mile warm up. I was so flippin hot that I was pouring sweet even before we did the hill work. So I went out for my first lap and went about 10 seconds too fast while I was trying not vomit. So I decided to watch my watch and hit my times like I was suppose to and while running the last repeat I said "This is fun". I was told after we got through to not tell RC it was fun because he would make it alot harder next time.

Friday was day of rest. At work I could not stay awake all day. I got home and fell asleep in my recliner and went to bed at 8:00.

Saturday was the Salute to Freedom 5K in downtown Macon. I got there about 1 hour easily to get a good warm up in before the race. I was getting ready pinning on my bib, hooking up my MP3 and lacing up my shoes when RC came up and told me some bad news. He told me that my warm up for the Torture Trail was awful. He then told me that I need to get a least a good slow 20 minute prerun in before we go out. My heart was in my throat when he looked at me when a not so happy face. So off I went and not even stopping for Mandie to take my picture like she always does for me. I went out and caught up with RC, Amy and Michelle to find out they had roped off some of the course due to a sinkhole. I was so glad we ran the course before hand so that I knew what to expect. I got back to the start line with about 10 minutes to spare. I wrote my pace time on my hand to keep up with my time. We started off and once again I had someone shout out at me saying

YOUR GOING TOO FAST.

Thank you Michelle for pulling me back. I was about 20 seconds too fast at first but feel back into the grove. I was struggling with the heat and I was glad I left off my HR monitor. I hit the mile 1 marker and I think they said someone like 8:50. I thought I am actually on track. While I was still going on trying to stay on track with my splits, I was trying to catch up with the ones I had looked at before the race. I caught one and was not far behind the other ones. We came up the mile marker 2.5 where we encountered a hill and my hillwork payed off. I triumphed over it and turned it on. I was now about .3 miles from the finish and turned to see the clock. It was now nothing but sweet and tears. As I was pushing it up to the finish line, people were cheering me on. I looked at the clock and said "Ive got it again". I pumped the fists and turned into Turbo Tim. I think I surprised RC because he then turned around very fast to look at the clock and help cheer me in. At the finish line the clock read

DRUMROLL PLEASE.................




26:35 a new PR again.

I had a PR about 4 weeks ago and know I beet it aging by about 35 seconds. I was about to lose my dinner. I quickly ran pat everyone to a quiet spot to drop to my knees, catch my breathe and thank Gad for what he has done for me and others.

No comments: