Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1317

1317 is now my official name. This is my Marathon Maniac number that was given to me tonight. I thought it would never get here. I was starting to wonder of they forgot about me.

It just seems so unreal that looking back 2 1/2 years ago when I was very overweight and running my first 5k that I would be were I am today. I am still overweight but now I am marathon maniac #1317. I got into the status of a maniac by running the Disney marathon and the Warner Robins Aviation marathon within a week.

It was something I never thought I would ever attempt. Looking back I thought maybe one day it would be fun to attempt a marathon. I really never thought I would have been bitten by the bug as hard as I have.

I have such a great running club that I belong to with the help of Amy, Troy, Steve, Deb, Andrew, Stef, Kenny, and many others that have helped me but most of all my wife Amanda. Yes I know this sounds like an acceptance speech from the Oscars but I am just so happy right now.

Well I have to find a big needle and let the air out of my head before it explodes. More later.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go 1317. I really prefered calling you "Tim" but I guess I'll humor you and start calling you thirteen-seventeen....

Stefanie said...

I am with Amy... I prefer to call you Tim! :)


Way to go #1317. Amy, you are next!

Bryan said...

Tim who?

Way to go 1317!

Bryan said...

Tim,

After readin my latest blog posting, Amy says I should ask you to send me a pic of the energy gel you found at walmart.

bryan@bgstudiosupply.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tim, and welcome to the Asylum!