Sunday, January 4, 2009

1 week to Disney

I went out for my last Sunday run before off to Disney. I was planning on going for 4 to 6 miles today but cut it short. I got up and wanted to see what it looked like outside at 5:50 in the morning cause that is when our race starts.


I was running my own pace taking it easy when I approached another runner walking back to the start area. He told me he just did not have it in him this morning and was going back. I decided also to head back and just talk. While we were heading back, we came across 2 deer going across the road. I then told him that if we kept running that we would have missed out on some of natures best scenery.


I am in the process of writing down everything that we are going to take on the trip to Disney. My wife is starting to go a little crazy with all the preplanning jitters. She is just a great planner and likes to have everything written on paper so she can have a check off sheet before we go. It is actually a good thing to have because without her I am sure I would leave something behind. But no matter where you go there is always a WalMart nearby LOL.


I am going to take it easy and only get in maybe 2 days of running but alot of walking and dieting. I put on nearly 8 pounds through out the holidays and I am going to try and get some of them off this week. Lots of water to drink.


HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!!

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

I got my 6 in today but I am also going to do walking this week. I might only get 1 or 2 runs in this week prior to the big race.

Woo hoo... let the packing begin

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best of luck on your Disney race. Make sure not to race too hard so you have something left for Aviation.

-Deb

Bryan said...

Good Luck!