Sunday, January 3, 2010

My last long run

Today I went out for a long run of 23 miles. I was joining the Galloway group for my last long run before the Aviation Marathon. It was OMG COLD today. When we started it was about 27 with a slight breeze. Everyone was dresses as though you could not tell who was who unless they spoke.
It was nice to finally meet Brandi who is in charge of the Galloway group. We have been e-mailing each other but it is nice to put a face with the letters. I stood around listening to everyone talking about wanting to go home and get warm and I was wanting to agree but I knew I had to get this run completed. We finally got the runners together and we were off.
It was a slow start but that was o.k. It is a good thing to start out slow and warn up for the first mile. Today was going to be a long day. I knew that I needed to be through by 3:30 and get back home. While we started slow, the pace picked up quickly.

It is hard for me to write right now cause my mind is spent. My body is sore and I am hungry. I know that there is alot of things that I could talk about right now but I will be back.

In recap, Thank you to the Galloway group for letting me join yall and a big thank you to Brandi and Jennifer for letting me run with yall and talk about my crazy stories. Have a great week and keep up the great work.

No comments: