Sunday, May 31, 2009

One HOT week

Looking back at this week it has been very HOT. I have been trying to work myself mentally and get ready for the hot summer that is coming upon us now. It is slowing my speed down and killing me mentally. I feel like I am falling behind. I look at my watch and my HR is not changing much but I feel like I am going to die sometimes.

I went to Savannah this weekend to go to one of my best friend's wedding and I had a blast. We celebrated after the wedding by going to Wet Willies and then to Spankys. I think I came to the realization that I am not as young as I use to be but I am still as good as I use to be. But today I am paying the price. I am sick as a dog. I don't want to move. It was hard to drive home this morning but I had to keep telling myself "just hurry but if you have to stop, do it quickly".

I am thinking about trying the Torture Trail 10K this Saturday. I have not run a 10K race since last year. I got caught up in running marathons but now the times have changed. I have been training with our certified track coach and I have been working on my stamina and speed. I think I am going to give it a shot and see how things are progressing.

Have a great week and I hope to have better post later on. Good night.

No comments: