Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hello Phase II

Tonight I showed up at the local track for my normal 30 + min run like I have been doing. I went out and got my warm up laps in before everyone arrived. I was ready to start my run when RC walked up and said "Are you ready to start Phase II?".

I was totally shocked. I just looked at him and said "If you think I am, I am ready". He told me that I still need to keep my weekly mileage in the 25 mile range. I will now run and easy, marathon pace, long run, track workouts and any more in I can get them in.

Tonight we were going to do 800m repeats. RC told me to run only 4 instead of the normal 6 repeats so that I don't get hurt. Well I thought about it for a second and said OK. When everyone else was doing the other laps, I would be doing easy laps. I looked at my charts and I was suppose to run them at around low 4's. I was close to it but about 30 seconds off up and down. I am still learning how to judge short distance speeds.

It was actually fun. I did not have to just run. I got a chance to run and take breaks. Tomorrow is a day of rest and I am going to enjoy it.

Have a great day.

No comments: